Kimberlie serves as the Director of Business Development for Shinn & Co. With 20+ years of industry experience, in both Big 4 and regional firms, she specializes in practice growth, professional sales, strategic planning and franchising. Kimberlie is a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Franchise Executive, standing as a go-to resource for clients when it comes to franchise information, research and industry analysis.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Manatee County Chamber of Commerce
- Sarasota County Chamber of Commerce
- Gulf Coast Big Brothers Big Sisters – Sarasota Community Board
- The Argus Foundation
- Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance
- Equity Member, Venice Golf & Country Club
- International Franchise Association (CFE)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Corporate Growth Member
- Past – Financial Executives International, Board Member Liason & Sponsor, Detroit Chapter
- Past – Detroit Economic Club, Sustaining Member
- Past – Inforum-Southeast Regional Council Member
- Past – Women’s Franchise Network of Southeast Michigan
Designations and Certifications
Certified Public Accountant (MI and FL)
Certified Franchise Executive
Areas of Special Emphasis
Business development and professional sales
B.S. in Accounting from Central Michigan University
What’s the best business advice you ever received?
“Never stop networking because you never know where that next opportunity will come from.”
What’s the most rewarding thing about being in Business Development?
The opportunity to learn about different businesses of all shapes and sizes and being able to meet the leaders who are involved in those organizations.