David is a principle in the tax division at Shinn & Co and a Certified Public Accountant in both Florida and Michigan. With more than 15 years of accounting experience, David is an experienced provider of tax planning and consulting services for individuals, trust and estates, partnerships, and corporations with industry expertise in restaurants, manufacturing entities, and commercial and residential rental real estate. In addition, he offers extensive knowledge in general tax planning and strategies that maximize the client’s wealth while minimizing their tax liability.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Institute of Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Public Accountants
- Rotary Club of Palmetto
- Manatee County Chamber of Commerce
- Manatee Young Professionals Group
- Sarasota County Chamber of Commerce
- Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance
- Former Treasurer, Rochester Youth Soccer League (Michigan)
- Former coach/volunteer with the YMCA Lakewood ranch youth programs
- Former coach /volunteer with the Bradenton Soccer Club, Lakewood Ranch
- Former coach/volunteer with the Bradenton Little League Club, Lakewood Ranch
Designations and Certifications
Certified Public Accountant
Areas of Special Emphasis
Strategic tax planning with an emphasis in rental real estate and business tax structure
B.S. Oakland University
What’s the most rewarding thing about being an accountant?
The most rewarding aspect for me is to work with clients through their hardships day in and day out and eventually overcome those challenges with real success. For instance, I’ll begin a relationship with a client who has a struggling business and after working with them over the years, we start to see the planning and tax structures come to fruition and benefit the client’s business and financial growth. That’s extremely rewarding.
What do you bring to the Shinn & Co. team?
I bring the confidence and calmness that we have the experience to help our clients with almost every aspect of their business, along with their personal financial goals.