Christy Cardillo joined Shinn & Co in 2007. She offers more than 20 years of experience in public and private sector companies, along with international businesses and provides specialized accounting expertise for small business owners, not-for-profit organizations, physician practices, manufacturing businesses and high net worth individuals. In addition to her accounting experience, Christy has a background in human resources that allows her to consult with clients on personnel management. She also fulfills firm leadership duties, including responsibility for staff development and mentoring initiatives. Christy is extremely involved in the community currently serving as a Board Member of the Manatee Chamber of Commerce and on the Board of Directors at Manatee County Chamber Foundation and Career Source Suncoast.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Board Member, Manatee County Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, Manatee County Chamber Foundation
- Board of Directors, Career Source Suncoast
- Bradenton Kiwanis, Membership Chair
- North Manatee Storm, Scholastics Coordinator
- Member, Cheers For Charity Giving Circle
- Manatee Young Professionals
- Manatee Chamber of Commerce
- Sarasota County Chamber of Commerce
- Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance
- University of Florida Alumni Association
Designations and Certifications
Certified Public Accountant
Areas of Special Emphasis
Strategic tax planning for domestic and international manufacturing, construction, healthcare, automotive and aviation industries. Specializes in family business and strategic family planning.
Masters of Accountancy, University of Texas at Arlington
B.S. University of Florida
Achievements and Honors
Kiwanian of the Year, 2013-2014
Gulf Coast Business Review’s 40 Under 40
What is the best business advice you have ever received?
Know your core values and then trust them to be the guide in making decisions
What can a client expect when working with the Shinn & Co. team?
We work diligently to go above and beyond. We want our clients to be informed and prepared and to also be looking forward with a plan to accomplish their goals in the future.