Chris, a proud graduate of Auburn University, offers 35 years of public and private accounting experience to her position as partner at Shinn & Co. She specializes in many areas of tax planning and consulting including, Partnerships, S Corporations, not-for-profit organizations and minority-owned businesses. Chris takes on a strong sense of personal investment with her clients and is committed to helping them navigate the challenges and opportunities that arise within their industries. Chris currently serves as the Vice President of the Girl Scouts of Gulf Coast Florida.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Board of Trustees, Girl Scouts of Gulf Coast Florida – Vice President
- Bradenton Area Economic Development Corporation
- Past Chair of Manatee Chamber of Commerce Small Business Committee
- Sarasota County Chamber of Commerce
- Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance
- Women Owners of Florida, Inc.
- Leadership Manatee Class of 2011, Manatee Chamber of Commerce
- Working Women of Tampa Bay – Manasota
Designations and Certifications
Certified Public Accountant
Areas of Special Emphasis
Strategic tax structure planning, agribusiness and healthcare
Fifth Year Accounting, University of South Florida
B.S. Auburn University
What’s the most rewarding thing about being an accountant?:
To me, the best part about being an accountant is to go home at the end of the day and know you’ve helped someone by using your talent and knowledge. It’s the reason I get up everyday.
What’s the best quality you bring to the Shinn & Co. team?
My passion – my passion to be the best I can be for our firm, team and client.